Tips to Better Remember Your Dreams
For those who have trouble remembering their dreams, here are a couple of tips to improve your memory:
1. Decide that your own dreams are interesting, and set yourself the task of remembering them.
2. Decide which method you want to use to record your dreams and prepare accordingly; for example, get a pencil and dream journal ready.
3. Read books about dreaming.
4. Perform incubation rituals before going to sleep.
5. Make quick notes during the night when you wake up but don’t want to write everything down. This helps with more detailed recall in the morning.
6. It helps to get back into the sleeping position you woke up in.
7. Take vitamin B.
8. Share your dreams with others.
Tips for Writing Down Dreams
1. Write your dream in the present tense, as if you were to experience it now, so that you are back in your dream when you read or narrate it.
2. Give your dream a title, and for every writing pad you fill, create a table of contents with all of the titles. This way you have a good overview.
3. If you type up your dreams on a computer, you can add a picture. If you use a writing pad, you can tape in a picture or add a drawing.
Here you see some examples, how a dream can look like, if you write it in the present tense with a title and some pictures:
Hier ein Beispiel für ein Inhaltsverzeichnis:
Hier ein Beispiel wie eine Vorlage für deine (luziden) Traumaufzeichnungen aussehen kann:
Bleibe immer auf dem Laufenden!